2016 China-Caribbean Investment & Finance Forum › May 3rd
The China-Caribbean Investment & Finance Forum, hosted by Artisan Business will be held at La Concha Resort Hotel in Condado Beach — San Juan, Puerto Rico on May 3rd, 2016. The one day forum will focus on attracting Chinese foreign investments into the Caribbean region.
Direct investments from Chinese high net-worth individuals and private businesses are increasing due to China’s rapid economic growth during the past 15 years. Investors are looking overseas for their next investment projects as China’s growing economy is 2nd largest in the world, only behind the United States. Investments from Chinese are exploring Caribbean Islands of Puerto Rico, Antigua and Barbuda, Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Dominica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, and Saint Lucia as their next wave of foreign investments.
The much-anticipated investment and finance conference will bring together the most senior-level executives and professionals for a day of high level discussion, peer to peer exchanges and networking sessions. The event will have limited seats for senior-level executives from both China and the Caribbean featuring honest and in-depth dialogues with the leading experts on how to effectively attract private equity and alternative investments from China. In addition, the Forum offers networking sessions that will enable participants to establish useful and productive contacts and generate fresh deal flow or potential investment opportunities as well as possible funding leads from business partners in China.
“Over the past decade, China has become an increasingly integral source of aid and foreign direct investment (FDI) for Latin America and the Caribbean. Rising levels of FDI and trade over time reflect deepening relationships between China and the Caribbean. China continues to strengthen its ties throughout the Caribbean.” – Chinese FDI in the Caribbean
Who Should Attend: Officials, Real Estate Developers, Project Owners, Attorneys, Equity Funds, Banks, Family Offices, Wealth Managers, Tax Advisors, Accountants, Insurance Companies, Tourism Promoters, Migration Agents.
Main Topics: Chinese Investments in Puerto Rico and Caribbean; Alternative Financing for Real Estate and Hotel Projects; Chinese Investments for Infrastructure; Puerto Rico: Act 20 / Act 22 Tax Incentives for Foreign Investors; Caribbean Economic Citizenship Programs; Education and Tourism Opportunities; and more.
VIP Speakers & Panelists (Partial):
- Juan Carlos Suarez, Esq., Deputy Secretary of The Puerto Rico Department of Economic Development
- Rubi Rodriguez Bustillo, Esq. Deputy Director of The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Regional Center
- Luis D. Muniz Martinez, Deputy Director of The Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- Minister Alexandra Otway-Noel, Grenada Ministry of Tourism
- Lisa Farrell-Davis, Assistant Secretary of the Citizenship By Investment Unit, St Kitts and Nevis
- Orin A. L. Roberts, Senior Manager, Citizenship By Investment Unit, St Kitts and Nevis
- Emmanuel Nanthan, Director of Citizenship by Investment Unit, Dominica
- Thomas Anthony, Acting CEO, Antigua Citizenship Program
- Edgar Rios, Esq., Pietrantoni Méndez & Alvarez LLC
- Margaret Pena Juvelier, Founder & President Puerto Rico Sotheby’s International Realty
- Rick Newman, CEO of Flagship Services Corp.
- Brian Su, CEO of Artisan Business Group, Inc.
FORUM Information & Registration: chinacaribbeanforum.com